So...

When I start to tell a story I normally start it with “So…” And I wasn’t aware of it until I did an internship in New York. When my manager would have to call a client from Missouri for a meeting he would get himself all set up with plenty to do during the meeting. He said we tend to talk slow and drag out words and start everything thing with ‘”So…’”. So I became aware of this habit so thought why not embrace it. Each of my blogs are like a story I would tell a friend so I would only seemed fitting I started it with “So…”.
Okay SO here goes…
My name is Jessica and I’m a fat girl. This blog will be about my struggle with my inner fat girl as I try to be a fit girl. I have struggled with my weight for a few years and this blog is a glimpse into my daily battles with myself, fitness, and food.
Bear with me through this process, as I will have slip ups and typos but I never claimed to be a fitness professional or a writer.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

So... MS Walk

 


Saturday, April 27, 2013 I walked in Walk MS.



My friend’s uncle has MS and she wrote us girls on facebook asking us to participate or donate. I signed up months ago to walk. I could have considered that my donation and slept in that Saturday morning. But despite the rain and chill, I got up and drove to Sporting Park. I was blown away by the amount of people and the positivity. I instantly felt guilty for even considering not going to the walk. I am lucky I have the ability to walk and to think I might have wasted that gift lying in bed. I met up with Erin and her family and I was blown away by how they were supporting Rick (her uncle). We reached a sign that pointed 1 mile and 3 miles. We elected to do the 3 miles and I am glad we did.  The walk started at Sporting Park, the Sporting KC arena and we walked through the Kansas Speedway and through the Legends Shopping Center. It was rewarding to support a friend and to be a part of the 25th anniversary of the Walk MS.

I now look forward to more walks and even 3 and 5 k’s to combine good causes and fitness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdRrALMSDSY&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment