So...

When I start to tell a story I normally start it with “So…” And I wasn’t aware of it until I did an internship in New York. When my manager would have to call a client from Missouri for a meeting he would get himself all set up with plenty to do during the meeting. He said we tend to talk slow and drag out words and start everything thing with ‘”So…’”. So I became aware of this habit so thought why not embrace it. Each of my blogs are like a story I would tell a friend so I would only seemed fitting I started it with “So…”.
Okay SO here goes…
My name is Jessica and I’m a fat girl. This blog will be about my struggle with my inner fat girl as I try to be a fit girl. I have struggled with my weight for a few years and this blog is a glimpse into my daily battles with myself, fitness, and food.
Bear with me through this process, as I will have slip ups and typos but I never claimed to be a fitness professional or a writer.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

So... I am punishing myself for not posting blogs regularly


I have not been good about posting blogs. I am sorry. I am punishing myself for not posting blogs regularly by posting the below photo.

 
Work has been really busy with numerous events and projects at the same time.

Trying to get the last bit of the summer in we can at the lake house.

The wedding planning to-do list is growing at a rapid speed. OMG it is getting so close.

Been working out at night if we do not have a wedding appointment.

I have not been doing a very good job of taking care of the house. Do not ask me where anything is because there is no way I could tell you.

Adding Pure Romance parties to my schedule to help pay for some of the wedding items.

Visiting my grandma in the hospital. Who now, I am happy to report, I will be visiting her at her house.

Calendar filling with fall weddings and football games.

Cannot sleep. Normally it is 1am when I fall asleep and I get up at 5:45.

Okay so I could easily take all this stress and busyness and make excuses not to workout. Last night I was so stressed, but I turned it into motivation.
 
I am so glad I went even though I was still sore from Tuesdays. One of the girls who work out at the daily burn has a t shirt that says it all. “Sore as hell and back for more” I truly enjoy the workouts. Well maybe not right that moment while doing them. But I love the format. 4 night classes during the week and they have days classes I cannot attend because of work. But you show up and foam roll and then the workout is on the dry erase board. It is different every day. The trainer  is there coaching you through the workout, correcting your form, encouraging and motivating you. Normally there is only me and one or two other girls so you get a lot of attention. Which is good and bad. LOL It makes you honest with how many reps and makes you push harder and dig deeper. You do it at your own pace. Tuesday night I talked it wasn’t only good physically but mentally to talk about some things going on. The class is somewhere we can vent and support each other. Last night I did not want to talk. I kept looking at the board not knowing how the heck I was going to get through it. But I did it! Would never have done all that was on the board without the trainer and the other girl there. Love the format! Love the trainers!


 

Here is my desk before going to the gym.

 

Here I am after the gym. A little sweaty!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment