So...

When I start to tell a story I normally start it with “So…” And I wasn’t aware of it until I did an internship in New York. When my manager would have to call a client from Missouri for a meeting he would get himself all set up with plenty to do during the meeting. He said we tend to talk slow and drag out words and start everything thing with ‘”So…’”. So I became aware of this habit so thought why not embrace it. Each of my blogs are like a story I would tell a friend so I would only seemed fitting I started it with “So…”.
Okay SO here goes…
My name is Jessica and I’m a fat girl. This blog will be about my struggle with my inner fat girl as I try to be a fit girl. I have struggled with my weight for a few years and this blog is a glimpse into my daily battles with myself, fitness, and food.
Bear with me through this process, as I will have slip ups and typos but I never claimed to be a fitness professional or a writer.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

So... This is Awesome


This is awesome!


These people use a subway so they obviously live in a city. When I lived in Europe for 7 months and walked everywhere I dropped 50 pounds easily. You buy far less groceries when you have to walk there and then back with them. J  When I lived in New York for a summer we walked to work or walked to the subway to get places. Cities that have this type of transportation people normally do not have cars so they walk more than we do here in Kansas City.

Subway Summer in New York


 
Yes the real Eiffel Towe!

 

 

 
We live in Kansas City, a very spread out city, that the majority of people have cars and use their vehicle for transportation. Just made me think about they are already doing more physical activity than most of us just by doing daily tasks. We get up and get ready so might walk around our house a little bit, sit in a car for a commute to work, sit at our desk for long hours at a time, then sit in our car for the commute home, sit and eat dinner, or eat/drink dinner as you drive somewhere to sit in a meeting (busy schedules here people) and then sit or lay to watch tv, and then go to bed. For most of us there is not a lot of walking. The most walking is probably from the parking lot to our office. This is unless you have a non-desk job of course.  I know I can be working at the computer at work and realize at 2 or 2:30 that I hadn’t gotten up to eat or go to the bathroom. Whoops. So I am starting a challenge with myself to get up and leave my desk at least three times a day, walk to the other end of the building get water and come back. Lindsey if you are reading this you can hold me to this and even join me!

Hmmmm should I make the challenge even harder? Maybe punish myself for being a horrible blogger and not blogging much anymore? (Please view previous blog.. things have been a little crazy!) Okay Okay! Thinking I should challenge myself and anyone who wants to do it with me…. 30 squats, 30 jumping jacks, 30 burpies before you get in your car in the morning. On a suit and/or (heel for the ladies) day maybe these should be done before you get dressed J Because they did 30 to get their subway ticket we will stick with the 30.

But back to the video clip Russia. This reward system is awesome! I always said I would run on a treadmill for an hour if it spit a chocolate chip cookie out for every mile. Also reminds me of this commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO7iCbtlcIc. We can be motivated to work out with fun, interesting concepts or rewards.

So would those people have done squats on their own… no. Would these women have jumped on a treadmill? No. They were motivated by a reward. When is feeling better and looking better not a reward. Maybe because these rewards are instant and tangible. Okay I will talk more about awards in my next blog…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment